Zoovy Press Releases & Announcements
San Diego, CA.
2009-05-21 20:21:12 -- San Diego -- We've introduced a brand new reports generator and viewer, which is based on the new "BATCH JOB" infrastructure (that you'll hear more about in the coming weeks). Specifically with reports we're proud to announce the following enhancements:
- No more timeout issues for clients with large databases. Generates reports up to 200mb with ease.
- Insanely faster. Try it, you'll see.
- Hyper accurate progress bar. It doesn't guesstimate, it's actually getting live ajax updates from the database.
- No more waiting. While we know the advertisements are cute, but you can start a report, and leave the page and it will show up in your private files library when it's done.
- Spiffy new visuals, along with better use of style sheets for reduced browser memory footprint and download times.
- Enhanced error reporting, technical support - if there is an issue with a report, it will say exactly what the problem is, and let support diagnose it fast.
- Enhanced security, stored reports now require authentication to access them (in the past you only needed to know the obscure filename).
- API Access - these reports can be started, and downloaded via the Zoovy WebAPI and accessed by your developer.
- Ability for Zoovy Development to create/deploy custom reports that are specific to a user. (If this is something you'd like more info on, please create a support ticket)
If you have a technical support issue with the new report system please drop support a ticket -- these would be treated as bugs, so no worries about getting charged. If you'd like to participate in an open discussion of new reports we should add to the system please consider joining our new Facebook User Group.